Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



View all my reviews



3.5 Stars

This book takes place at the University of Maine, where we meet Taylor and Hunter. She is feisty, a little damaged, and totally unable to keep a certain new roommate out of her thoughts. Hunter is seriously swoon-worthy, with his own baggage but a fabulous sense of humor and H.O.T.

What I liked:
*The relationship between Hunter and Taylor was slow and built up over time..no insti-love.
*The sexual tension / frustration that builds is Ahhhh-Mazinggg!!
*Hunter. Yes, all of him. Total swoon-worthy hunk of man. Tattoos, plays guitar, sings, witty, smart, not a slob and can cook really, really well.
*Hunter never gives up on Taylor, is there for her at every turn...Even when she absolutely doesn't deserve him, in my opinion.
*The secondary characters are all pretty well developed and serve a purpose for being there.

What I didn't like so much:
*Taylor's massive attitude. I thought she was a little immature, judgmental and overly skittish. In short she really was bitchy. Yes, I guessed the 'big secret' fairly early on, but as much a I can empathize - her attitide still seemed to be overly dramatic.
*The slow reveal of the "secrets" between Taylor and Hunter.

Overall the book was a good read and I enjoyed Hunter to no end. It may bring to mind Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire...but in fact, the stories are very different and stand on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment