Monday, January 7, 2013

Someone To Love


Someone to LoveSomeone to Love by Addison Moore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars


Someone to Love is a hot, steamy, sexy romance between two people who did not believe in the possibility of real love until they fell into each other.

Cruise had his heart broken by his cheating ex-girlfriend, someone he thought he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his life with.  To avoid being hurt again, he decides love isn't the way...and sleeps his way through campus with any available female...but feels nothing.

"Honest to God, his penis should be classified as a weapon of vaginal destruction"

Kendall is a transfer student (and virgin) who has seen her mother's string of marriages and relationships all end badly, and left her with a poor image of love and it's sustainability.

"If you don't give your heart away, you can't get it broken"

Kendall and Cruise are thrown together at a party, where Kendall discovers her dorm housing was never taken care of by a friend of the family (though, really...who would leave that kind of thing to someone else!?), and she has nowhere to go. Cruise rescues her from being forced to sleep in her car, when he invites her to stay in his spare bedroom. Sparks fly, attractions are denied, a crazy plan is hatched (don't hate the player...) and these two begin to like each other more than roommates.

What I liked:
The romance is sweet (and on FIRE) and I liked Cruise a lot.  The dialogue and thoughts of both characters made me LOL at times (earning me funny looks from my husband).  I liked that both Cruise and Kendall were smart and motivated (I mean, Cruise is a Grad student looking to earn his Doctorate).  I liked that I got my fairytale ending.

What I didn't like as much:
The antagonist in this was Blair (ex-girlfriend who cheated on Cruise). She is back in school and causing trouble.  However, despite ALL her actions and the trouble she caused...there was no confrontation or consequences.  No resolution.  I wanted to bitch-slap her...come on!
The climax of the story was kind of a typical formula misunderstanding because someone overheard someone else and didn't bother to trust in their relationship enough to TALK to each other...it was a little annoying.  But, I got over it quickly because I liked Cruise that much.
Oh, and for a virgin who didn't believe in love...Kendall sure had sex on the brain.  A lot.

Unanswered Questions:
Does Cruise get to finish his schooling elsewhere?
What happens with Cruise's father and Kendall's mother?? (awkward!)


In the end, Love conquers all and that's all that really matters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment