Monday, December 31, 2012

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

The Truth About ForeverThe Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a beautifully told story about a girl finding herself again after a life changing family tragedy, and my first book by Sarah Dessen.

I loved reading this book because the characters have such strong voices. It drew me in and kept me there. I really liked Macy and all the WISH crew, and thought the support characters were just as believable and each had purpose in the story (even the ones I didn't like so much!).

I adored Wes and the 'love story' between him and Macy was quiet, slow and sweet. It felt more real to me than the typical 'boy meets girl and immediately falls in love even though they have known each other for 12 hours' type of plot. The boy is definitely Sa-wooon worthy! I thoroughly enjoyed Delia and her philosophy on life (loved the big hole). I think we all know people like Bert, Monica and Kristy..and friends like this make life better. I also felt the denial and avoidance of really managing grief (for both Macy and her mother) was well written and realistic. Nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow, and this book is a lovely reminder to live your life with meaning and intention today.

"What you have to decide... is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, would this be how you'd want to have spent it? Listen, the truth is, nothing is guaranteed. You know that more than anybody. So dont be afraid. Be alive."

I have already purchased my next book by Sarah Dessen and I am soooo looking forward to reading it....because, yeah, everybody loves meatballs! ;)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment