Monday, December 24, 2012

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence #1)

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked it.
I know, I know...I am not gushing like a majority of the reviews. This book was very emotional and Callie and Kayden's stories are heartbreaking and the situations that have ruled their lives, truly deplorable.

I liked the character development, and as I was reading really wanted to know more about Callie & Kayden...I was pulled in from the very beginning. I did find the fact that Kayden didn't recognize Callie at College was a little unrealistic however. (view spoiler)[ I mean, the book says that they have known each other since they were small, and that their families had dinners together etc over the years...so to not know who she is AT ALL??...doesn't seem plausible. (hide spoiler)]

I really liked 'the list' that Seth (absolutely love him!) and Callie had. I thought this was a great way to express their desire to push themselves outside of their comfort zones and as a tool to trust others and gain confidence in themselves.

I liked the transition from hesitant friends to falling in love, as trust was earned. I liked being able to get the perspective from both Callie and Kayden as their relationship progressed. I liked the steamy scenes because...yeah, they were good.

What I didn't like?
The ending. Or, rather lack thereof.
I mean, I understand the need to leave us hanging and desperate to read the 2nd book...but this was not an ending. This was me thinking my Nook had malfunctioned and not downloaded the whole book. This was me (electronically) turning the page...and there was NOTHING there. FRUSTRATING!! (view spoiler)[Seriously. In the kitchen, a pool of blood, barely breathing and...the end. WHAT?! You are killing me Ms. Sorensen, killing me.

Honestly, it was WAY to abrupt. There was no resolution...at all. No Callie in the ER with a still living but in serious condition Kayden fighting for his life, as she deals with her fear of losing the man she loves to more violence.
I want answers! Where is Kayden's father now? What happened to Callie's rapist (other than a major beat down)? Does Callie's family discover what she has been dealing with for all these years? Where does Seth land with the issues he has been dealing with? Grrr. (hide spoiler)]


Overall, I enjoyed the book...I just wish the "ending" had been smoother and more finished.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment