Monday, December 31, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French KissAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was a fun, flirty, sweet, romantic, easy afternoon of snuggled up with my fuzzy blanket & my Nook kind of read.

Yes, my original thought kind of was 'oh poor me...my wealthy father is leaving me in Paris for a year at boarding school - cry for me'...but, then I found that I liked Anna and her brand of crazy.

“I mean, really. Who sends their kid to boarding school? It's so Hogwarts. Only mine doesn't have cute boy wizards or magic candy or flying lessons.”

Yes, Etienne (drool worthy) St.Claire is on the vertically challenged side, but he is adorable and sweet and flawed in just the right ways.

“Fo' shiz.”

The supporting characters are all strong, and the group dynamic puts the fun in dysfunctional.

"Whyareyougivingawaythecookies?”

I really liked the story and fell in love with the Paris that Anna found.

“I'm going to be sick. I'm going to vomit that weird eggplant tapenade I had for dinner, and everyone will hear, and no one will invite me to watch the mimes escape from their invisible boxes, or whatever it is people do here in their spare time.”

I fell in love with the love.

“Because I was right. For the two of us, home isn't a place. It's a person”

So, yes...I will read this book again because it made me laugh (out loud), and swoon, and tear up just a little, and God help me I even sighed with a sappy grin on my face. Move over flirty RomComs (read:Meg Ryan), I have a new rainy day favorite.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment