Thursday, March 14, 2013



Jordyn (A Daemon Hunter Novel, #1)Jordyn by Tiffany King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars




View all my reviews



This is the first book in the Daemon Hunter series, but is also a spin off of the Saving Angels series...which I did not know originally (and have not yet read). I did not feel that I had to have already read that series first however, as I understood all that was happening in this book without it. (Though, perhaps beneficial if you want to connect more with the secondary characters.)

Jordyn is the main character and she is a witty, sarcastic, snarky female (yes, ok sometimes a little whiny too)...who could kick some serious Daemon (and Angel) ass. I liked this girl - her quick wit and banter between other characters made me LOL on a number of occasions.
Jordyn doesn't remember her past, and is always being told how "special" she is. She has powers that are unknown and still developing as she finds herself. She has amazing strength, endurance and fighting skills to go along with her confidence and bravery. Despite her abilities, and her friends and 'family' that surround her, she feels alone.

Emrys - a Soul Trader, wise-ass, and general bad influence on Jordyn (facilitator of place traveling and tattoo accrual). However, there appears to be some real connection between the two as their romance grows. He was actually really very sweet to Jordyn - and is the one person in her life that makes her feel "normal". Yes, it was slightly on the insti-love side for me...I would have preferred more build up and back story. We have yet to see what Emrys' is really up to.

We also meet Jordyn's friends and family...Guides and Protectors, and an Arch Angel. They were nicely developed in this book, but I did not have any real connection to them (which may be why you would consider reading the Saving Angels series as well).

Overall, I was happily surprised to have like this book as much as I did. I enjoyed the characters and the dialog. I think the book was a little short (I just wanted more!) and I think there could have maybe been a little more story to the romance development ... as well as the Soul Traders interest in Jordyn.

I will definitely be reading the next book and am looking forward to continuing Jordyn and Emrys' story.




1 comment:

  1. I like bad boys ;) Nice site. Following you via Linky!!

    ReplyDelete